Friday, October 11, 2013

What Now? The OBC FB Group and BYBC


So...where do we go from here? I mean, besides to sleep for a week? ;)

As you all know, Ashton and I will not be continuing the OBC conference next year. We have loved putting on this conference, growing this group, and helping others to grow their blogs, but our priorities have shifted and it's time for us to move on from the conference.

Now, before you get all nervous...don't worry. The Facebook Group isn't going anywhere...for now. We plan to continue the group as it is now: a place where bloggers can ask questions, make friends, and support each other. Ashton and I will continue to moderate the group as much as we can over the next few months and hopefully, in the new year, we can transition the group to it's new life.

OBC has been an amazing experience for both of us. We've loved interacting with all of you, making new friends, learning about blogging, and being on this ride as a group. We know that the idea of an online blog conference is one that is appealing to so many, especially because travel is not always in the cards. While we are not able to continue the conference, we're open to someone else continuing it. So, let us know if that's something you'd be interested in. It's super easy, you'll think it's a breeze. Promise!

**crickets**

{Seriously, if you're interested....let us know. But, um, maybe wait a week or two.}

Okay, so that's the What's Now. What's now is: the Facebook Group will live on. But what about what's next? What if you want more blogging knowledge?

You may have guessed, by now, that we're in cahoots with the girls from Six Sisters' Stuff. And you'd be right! We love the girls and their support for for new bloggers!!

They are just as excited about teaching and empowering bloggers as we are, and we all agree that the Build Your Blog Conference, hosted by Six Sisters' Stuff, is the perfect place for OBC bloggers to be in 2014.


I attended BYBC in 2013 as a first-time-ever conference attendee, and I had a great time! It truly launched my blogging career to a new level, and I couldn't be happier with the experience I had. And I'm not the only OBC-er who went last year!! Here's what some of our own had to say about it...

Last February I had the privilege of attending Build Your Blog Conference put on by The Six Sisters. This was my first in-person blog conference and I was so nervous and excited. It was awesome. Everyone was so nice and welcoming (especially the Sisters) and I learned so much. I filled an entire notebook with notes.

 If there is one blog conference you should attend this is the one. Reasons why -  1. You can't beat the price, so affordable and so are the hotel rates and generally you can find some good flights into Salt Lake.  2. It's only a one-day conference which is good if money is tight(less hotel expenses) and if you have small children and don't want to leave them for long.

Still not convinced, then I should tell you that The Six Sisters are the sweetest women you could ever meet and they make you feel so welcome and like you are a friend. That alone is a major reason why I will be going again this year. -Julie Rayl

BYBC ’13 was the first blogging conference I have ever attended and I can’t imagine a better first experience!  As a beginner blogger I appreciated the mix of newbies like myself as well as more experienced bloggers, and there were enough class options to suit everyone’s needs no matter what blogging level they were at.  Everyone I met was genuinely friendly, and I made some lasting connections.  It really is a community! -Sarah Koepeke


Last year, my husband and I just started our blog at the end of January. On a whim, about two weeks before the Build Your Blog Conference, I signed up, not having any clue what to expect. It was seriously one of the best decisions I could have made. For one, it was only about 30 minutes from my house, it was super inexpensive, as far as conferences go, and there were a lot of local vendors there. I was able to learn a lot about blogging in general, which helped jump start my blogging career. 


All of the teachers were so nice and down to earth, and the keynote speaker, Brooke Walker was A-MAZING. Her presentation was one of my favorite parts of the conference, and was incredibly inspiring. I loved how organized the conference was, the variety of classes, and how down to earth everyone was. I've heard people talk about how blogging conferences can be intimidating, but I didn't feel that one bit at the Build Your Blog Conference. If I'm still in Utah this next year, I will definitely be attending again. For anyone starting out, to those who have been blogging for years, you are sure to find something of value at the Build Your Blog conference. -Katie Clark





If you're looking for more information on the Build Your Blog Conference, here are some helpful links:


Dorothy and I hope to see you there!!!

No comments: